Caracas, as a capital, is a very diverse city, as it has a large number of parks, squares, modern and colonial architecture, churches, promenades, boulevards, shopping centers, etc. In this way, it offers Caracas residents and tourists the best of its culture and services.
Caracas is a city that has a history that is revealed in its buildings. Mainly this is because most of its monuments, buildings and important sites are from bygone eras that have been maintained over time. Large number of museums, both scientific, artistic, historical and especially dedicated to children; they are mixed with buildings full of history that are the headquarters of the public administration; and that contrast with the modernism of the cable car or the Las Mercedes urbanization.
- Simón Bolívar’s Birthplace
- La Candelaria
- The Mercedes
- Boulevard of Sabana Grande
- Caracas cable car
- France Square
- Venezuela Square
- The Ibrahim Al-lbrahim Mosque
- Athenaeum of Caracas
- National Cinematheque
- Teresa Carreño Theater
- National Art Gallery
- Museum of Contemporary Art of Caracas Sofía Ímber
- Jacobo Borges Museum
- Museum of Fine Arts
- Municipal theater
- National theater
- Petare Folk Art Museum
- La Estancia Art Center
- Alejandro Otero Museum
- Audiovisual Museum
- Museum of Print and Design Carlos Cruz Diez
- Guillermo José Schael Transport Museum
- Keyboard Museum
- Sacred Museum of Caracas
- Kid’s museum
- Museum of Natural Sciences
- city Hall
- Miraflores Palace
- Yellow house
- Los Próceres Walk
- Plaza Bolívar de Caracas: the largest square in all of Caracas, located in the Central Quarter of the city, in it a tribute is paid to the Liberator; around it are the Caracas Cathedral, the Municipal Palace and the Sacred Museum.
- Plaza Venezuela: it is a modern pedestrian walkway and road distributor that houses several monuments, including a fountain and some sculptures, as well as an important business area due to the office towers that are there.
- O’Leary Square: located in the El Silencio urbanization, in the heart of the city, which has two Las Toninas fountains, by Francisco Narváez.
- Plaza Francia: considered the most touristic square in the capital city, it has an imposing obelisk and beautiful gardens.
- Plaza Alfredo Sadel: this is one of the most important squares in the Caracas city, named in honor of the Venezuelan singer and lyricist Alfredo Sánchez Luna, it has a modern and imposing infrastructure.
- Plaza Bolívar de El Hatillo: it is the most popular place for tourists in the town of El Hatillo, it has a very quiet and pleasant atmosphere, in the center of the square there is a statue of the Liberator, in which he is represented standing and looking towards the Church of Santa Rosalía de Palermo.
- Plaza Bolívar de Chacao: the main square of the Chacao municipality, surrounded by the mayor’s office and the Cathedral of said town.
- Plaza La Pastora: represents an important historical reference, located in the central area of La Pastora, a town that has a long tradition within the Caracas
- Plaza de San Jacinto: better known as Plaza El Venezolano, it is a square located in the Historic Center of the city, the square has a central turret, nearby is Cuadra Bolívar, with cobbled sidewalks, in the style of the colony.
- Plaza Juan Pedro López: located behind the headquarters of the Central Bank of Venezuela, it was inaugurated in 1997 and since then it is the largest square in the city. It also has an amphitheater and a public library.
- Boulevard de Sabana Grande: it is a populous Caracas promenade, along its route there are different shops and businesses when it reaches the end of the boulevard in the Chacaito sector, some kinetic sculptures are located.
According to programingplease, Caracas has a large number of parks, which are beautiful oases within the concrete jungle. Walking, picnicking, practicing sports and learning more about nature are some of the activities that Caracas people commonly do in these places. These are some of the natural beauties that you must visit:
- Botanical Garden of Caracas
- Caricuao Zoo
- El Pinar Zoo
- Los Caobos Park
- Los Chorros Park
- Jóvito Villalba Recreation Park
- Macarao National Park
- El Ávila National Park
- Romulo Betancourt Park (East Park)